Salida.com Legal Notice
Our legal council told us to include this page and made us use a precious button on our home page to get you here. At first, we thought the attorneys were a real pain. But then we read the page. What an experience! It's really important stuff. We took the legalese the lawyers wrote and tried to make it readable. So please read the stuff on this page.
Here's the deal:
We run this site so that people can use it for personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and cyber gratification. So go ahead and browse around all you like. You can even download stuff from the site—but only for non-commercial, personal use. If you do, though, don't fool around with the copyright and other notices all over the stuff. They're there for a good reason. And don't even think about distributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting, or doing anything else with any of the stuff--including the text, images, audio, and video--for public or commercial purposes unless we give you written permission. And it's not likely we will. If you visit our site, you're also legally obligated to abide by the terms and conditions listed below and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet,and the World Wide Web. You shouldn't access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because once you start, there's no turning back. You are bound by the terms and conditions.
So here's the scoop on our Top Ten Rules for Cybersurfing on our site:
- For everyone's sake, just assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it's not. So you can't use the stuff except how we say you can on this page, or anywhere else on the site, without our written permission.
- While we try to include accurate stuff on the site, we're not promising you it's accurate. In fact, we're not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. So if you use stuff on the site, you're using it at your own risk. Don't call us if there's a problem, because we assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
- We and anybody else who helped us create or produce the site are not liable for any damages you suffer when you use it. In particular, the lawyers want you to know that our disclaimer includes "direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the site." Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you "as is" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY LINK, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties." What a mouthful from the mouthpieces! We put all of that in quotes because we couldn't figure out any other way to say it that the lawyers would accept. But here's the bottom line—we're not responsible if you're browsing around and the site damages you or your computer or infects it with any nasty viruses. We sure hope that doesn't happen, but it if does, don't call us.
- If you don't want the world to know something, don't post it on the site in our bulletin boards or anyplace else. That's because anything you disclose to us is ours. That's right—ours. So we can do anything we want with the stuff you post. We can reproduce it, disclose it, transmit it, publish it, broadcast it, and post it someplace else. We can even send it to your mother (as soon as we find her address). Not only that, we can even use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques you post any way we want to, including developing, manufacturing and marketing products or other stuff using the information you post.
- Artwork, pictures of people or places shown on the site are either our property or someone else's property we're using with their permission. No matter what, it's definitely not your property. You nor any of your net friends can use it unless we said you can on this page or somewhere else on the site. And guess what—we won't say yes. Be smart, keep the stuff you download to yourself.
- There are also a lot of trademarks, logos and service marks on the site that are being used with someone else's permission. So don't think you have any kind of license or right to use them, because you don't and we're not about to give you one. If you don't leave them alone and if you mess with our trademarks, logos and service marks on our site, we'll probably go ballistic—and so will the companies that own the other trademarks, logos and service marks. That means that we're likely to sue you or to ask a prosecutor to come after you for messing around with our property or the property of others.
- You'll probably notice we've linked our site to lots of others. While that's cool, it doesn't mean we've looked at all those sites, much less checked them out periodically to see what's going on. So don't blame us if some site you link to is bad or had stuff on it that offends you or your pets. Go ahead and link, but remember, you're doing it at your own risk.
- That brings us to what you do on our own site. While we may occasionally look at the postings on our bulletin boards, we take no responsibility and assume no liability for the content of those locations or for any mistakes, defamation, libel, slander, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you might encounter when you visit such places on our site. And don't be stupid by posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, nasty, mean or profane material or any material that law enforcement types may consider a criminal offense, get someone in court on a civil lawsuit, or for that matter violate any law anywhere, anytime. While we certainly respect your privacy, we have no choice but to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court which might ask us who might have posted nasty stuff on our site.
- We're also allowed to change this page and anything else on the site any time we want to. That's because it's ours. If we do change the page, then you're bound by (read: stuck with) those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
- If this all sounds kind of mean and undiplomatic, you should have seen what the lawyers gave to us in the first place. We had to remind them that human torture and sacrifice were outlawed in the U.S. Boy did they look disappointed!
See what others have to say about Salida